The Hidden Dangers of DIY Mold Removal

Mold risk
November 15, 2017
Water damage restoration 101 – What you must know
November 28, 2017

Mold clean up should be easy, right? Just a little bleach, some elbow grease, and Voila! Done!

Not so fast…

If you believe the myth about mold being an easy fix, you’re in for a long road of grief when lingering problems begin to arise.

Is Having Mold in Your Home or Office Dangerous?

In short, yes! Having mold in your home or office can be extremely dangerous. Most of the mold found in our air is toxic. But since it’s invisible to the naked eye, you might have mold and not even know it. And once mold becomes visible, you already have a big problem. So if you ever smell a musty or mildew odor in your home or office, you should address it immediately. Don’t wait until someone gets sick.

What Are the Risks of Mold In Your Home or Office?

There is a long list of health risks that accompany a mold problem in your home or office. Such as:

  • Nasal congestion and other nasal related issues.
  • Throat irritation, coughing and wheezing.
  • Itchy, red eyes and other eye irritations.
  • Skin problems and aggravating skin conditions.
  • Chronic lung illnesses such as obstructive lung disease.
  • Upper respiratory tract infections.
  • And more!

DIY Mold Clean Up Versus Professional Mold Removal

You can clean up everyday mold like the kind that can be found around your bathroom sink using traditional cleaning methods which are effective for that type of mold. However, problem mold, such as the kind you find growing on drywall, studs, and subflooring, etc. are a whole different story. Trying to clean this type of mold yourself generally doesn’t completely get rid of the mold in question, regardless of what you might have heard.

To thoroughly and completely remove dangerous, toxic mold, you should contact a professional who will use specific methods and special tools such as air scrubbers, air movers, dehumidifiers, and other specialty tools to remove all traces of mold and make sure the air is once again safe to breathe. If you don’t, you are risking the life and health of everyone who will be exposed to the air in that environment.

Remember, you can’t always see mold in the air because it’s invisible.  So even if you think you’ve thoroughly and effectively cleaned and treated the toxic mold area, unless you’ve used the proper protocols and specialty equipment used by professionals, there are sure to be lingering traces of mold you can’t see that will eventually become a problem once again.

2 Comments

  1. Frank says:

    Thank you for the excellent article.

  2. Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and include approximately all important infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call Now ButtonCall now! we are here 24/7