Mold in Your Apartment? Here’s What to doJanuary 6, 2018
5 Common Causes of Water Damage in Your HouseMarch 13, 2018
Though many homeowners may associate water damaged property with what occurs during and following severe weather and/or flooding, water damage can also originate within the home itself – especially in periods of cold weather. That’s because in periods of cold weather, it’s common for home water pipes to freeze – and when pipes freeze, the water expands, possibly resulting in a burst pipe. This, in turn, can result in widespread water damage and flooding within your property.
If you ever discover a burst pipe in your home, the first thing you should do is turn off incoming water to the home, which will prevent any further water from spilling out into your property from where the pipe busted. The second thing you should do is contact a credible, quality full-service restoration company, such as Prime Mold Removal, to restore your property to a pre-loss condition. Fast response is necessary in a water damage situation to minimize the spread of damage and prevent mold growth, and a full-service firm is able to offer property owners service that others cannot. Here’s a look at some of the benefits of hiring a full-service restoration firm to perform the work on your water loss:
- No subcontractors are necessary; all the work is performed by the firm itself. This helps streamline the overall process.
- Fast response: As 24/7 responders, Prime Mold Removal will be on site quickly and begin extracting standing water from the property so that drying and demolition can begin.
- Unfortunately, most porous building materials (i.e., drywall, carpet) and some contents will not be able to be salvaged in a water damage situation. We’ll take care of all affected items.
- Prevent mold growth: We’ll also take the necessary steps to ensure that mold growth does not occur in the aftermath of the water loss.
- Finally, we’ll perform reconstruction services to restore the home to a pre-loss condition.
When it comes to something as important as restoring your home after a water loss, you want it done quickly and correctly. That’s the value of working with a full-service firm with the experience and professionalism of Prime Mold Removal. Contact us today for more information (929)732-4244